I have recognised today that I am in a slump. Bang in the middle of a slump.
Slump, n: A period of decline or deterioration, which a person performs slowly, inefficiently, or ineffectively
Since recognising my self-prognosis, I have felt even worse. My symptoms are:
- Tiredness. Always tired. Always want to sleep
- Lack of mojo. Or motivation. Whatever.
- Lack of interest. Nothing ‘rings-my-bell’ at the moment
- Feeling unwell. Not ill. Just not right.
- A stonking stye in my eye that is weepy and wholly unattractive. (and I can see it out of the corner of my eye.)
- Spotty. I’m 39, for gods sake.
- Feeling constantly behind. At home. At work. In life.
- Feeling ‘hard-done-by’, ‘not appreciated’ a.k.a ‘sorry for myself’.
- Moody (haha that’s not really a symptom as that’s normal)
I have had a busy couple of months. Lots of things going on and lots of people to worry about and cater for. I am an only child and although I relish ‘being needed’ I also crave solitude. It’s been a long time since I have had solitude. And I feel selfish for wanting it.
I have another busy week and heavy on the emotional side as well. At the moment I am in limbo. Functioning but not effectively or efficiently. I need to be prescribed some me-time. In the middle of nowhere. Now that would be as welcome as the euromillions jackpot tomorrow night.